Last year my mom used my sewing machine and found that it was quite dirty with a lot of lint in many hidden places that I would have never guessed exsisted. She took it upon herself to clean it out...she removed many screws and dropped some here and there. Needless to say everything did not get put back the way it needed to be...parts were left over...parts dropped in the bottom never to be found again. I was told it would be more expensive to go and get the machine fixed than to purchase a new one. However, with my husband's current situation...you know falling off a roof and all, and not working, money is an issue for us now. So I have been looking and looking on Craigslist trying to find anything that might work for what I need a machine for. Finally I found one. I went to look at it last night and decided to buy it. I think I may regret the decision in a couple of days/weeks/months, but it is what it is. It's a machine that runs, as of today. So hopefully I can now get some of my Christmas projects done. The machine is the bottom of bottom...the basic model you can get. It only has 2 stitches...straight & zig zag! Luckily, I think that's all I need right now. I think it will be a good machine for the girls to start learning how to sew on...we'll see!
While I have been searching high and low for a machine...my sister got me started on a quilt called Grandmother's Flower Garden. I have gotten one patch completely finished...it takes much longer than I thought to even get one patch done...but at least it has kept me busy while waiting for a machine to come along. I actually have the second flower almost finished since taking the picture of the first. I had told my sister that I thought it would be cute for each of the girls to have a flower quilt for their beds. Yeah, that's probably not going to happen. We'll just work on getting the first one done!