Monday, November 30, 2009

Walker to Cane

Well, since my husband fell off a roof at the end of August, life has sure been crazy. He has had intense therapy to regain use of his right hand after surgery to have a plate inserted. The biggest battle has been his foot. The doctor told him that the bone that he broke is the on the list of bones not to break. The main reason is because the blood flow often dies and there is nothing the doctor can do about. Well, the doctor originally told him that he had a 20% chance of it dying, then at the next apt. he was told 80% and then at the last apt. he was told it pretty much died. So there is a lot of uncertainty of what's going to happen...I think he is worried about what this means for his job...if he'll ever be able to get back up on the steel. For one who loves his job...this is very upsetting. We've been taking it one day at a time...not much more we can do than that right now. he graduated from a walker to a cane. He is walking on cloud nine right now! He knows he needs to keep moving to keep the blood flow from depleting anymore. Below are a couple of pictures I've taken of him and the kids since this has all happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment