Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sick...bleh!

The sick bug has come to our house over the weekend.

T started it out with a high fever. It was the silliest thing...our pastor called to let us know since he wasn't at church the week before that we would be starting a new series in Sunday school the next morning. At the end of our conversation he asked if everyone was healthy. I said yep, so it shouldn't be a problem for us to be there. Not even an hour or so later, T climbs up on the couch and is out for the count with a fever of 103.4. I made sure to give her meds every 4 hours and with it, it did help bring it down, but she complained of a headache. I called the dr. the next day and they wanted her to come in to rule out Strep. Good news was she didn't have strep, just the start to a virus.

Then, because we are sharing family, I guess, the little one and I sounded as though we were coming down with something the next morning. We had more nose and coughing struggles.

T's fever finally broke and is back to her normal attitude-y dramatic self. Now my son on the other hand, woke up this morning and came into our bed...then I was about to get up and looked back and he was sleeping again. This is not like him-he usually hits the floor running. I took his temp and it was high-so no school for him today.

I just can't shake the cough-of course how could I with my dear little one coughing in my face, etc. I guess it's just that time of the year!

1 comment: