Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Pneumonia Anyone?

Over the weekend I had some chest congestion...so I took some over the counter cold medicine which seemed to help. Monday night we have 3 hours of dance for the girls, so I sit there watching and waiting. All of a sudden during hour 3, I started to get really, really, really, cold, even with my coat on. I thought, "oh boy." So I quickly got the girls home after their classes, handed them over to my husband and I went to bed under 3 blankets. I was still cold. I did have a low grade fever. Sometime during the night the fever broke. I woke up the next morning with the worst chest pain ever. I went to the bathroom and started coughing up blood. I never did that before and that freaked me out. I called my doctor and he said to either make an appt. with them (it's an hour away close to where I grew up) or go to urgent care. I decided since there was an urgent care place close by, I would go there. My oxygen level was low, and my white blood count was high. My chest x-ray showed an "area of concern" so the doctor is treating me with clinical pneumonia. She said that if I didn't hear from the radiologist today, then they agreed with the diagnosis. She said often times it is tricky to tell the difference between the 2 just with her looking at it. I am on an antibiotic and an inflammatory med. I was amazed when I woke up how much better I felt. I of course pushed too hard today and of course now feel just plain awful.

Just what I need with a week til Christmas!! Oh my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment