Friday, February 12, 2010

More Snow

This has been a record year for snow in our area this year. We have gotten so much of the white stuff over the last week, we don't know what to do with it anymore. I've tried to be productive while being snowed in...with not so much luck.

I did end up making some chocolate whoopie pies...they were not a great first experience. They were not as dark as I thought they should be and they got sooo thin they burnt because they took less time then suggested. I think I ended up with a total of 3 whoopies pies edible to eat. I refused to let them outdo me...so I mixed up a bunch of pumpkin whoopie pies. I have made those before. They turned out a little better, but again, got very thin for some reason. I made them work though, and they taste good!

In the sewing world I did sew a backing for a quilt that I am going to send out to get quilted. I have a couple of projects that I just have to finish a row here or a border there...so I am trying to get a couple of those finished as well. I started a a yellow & blue baby quilt over 6 years ago and never finished it. I don't know why. So I have been working on finishing up the borders on that one so I can get the backing sewn. Then I have another baby quilt made from scraps from another quilt I had made that I have all of the blocks sewn, I just need to sew them together. I get so frustrated with myself that I have all of these started projects and never finish anything. I am hoping to get some of these finished up so I don't feel so guilty starting something new.

Well, my husband just called from the doctor's office and said he got the go ahead to go back to work. I am both excited for him and sad for me. LOL! I am so happy that they cleared him because I really had my doubts that they ever would, honestly. He is one that doesn't like to sit around so these last 7 months have been crazy for him (and me). I am sad for myself, because I am selfish and like having him around to help out with the kids and such. We were told at the holiday dinner that most of their work is out of town, so that doesn't make me happy either. But as my husband keeps saying...he's tired of living off the government, so I am happy for him and that outweighs my sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment